At some point in our careers, we’ve all lost a job. If that happens to you, there are 10 things you need to do.
Have you lost your job? There are ways to use your wealth to your advantage. from Brent Hillerich & Brian Grogan on Vimeo.
- Get a new email address. – First and foremost get a professional email address that includes your first and last name.
- Send an email to everyone you know with your new contact information. – Make all your contacts aware of the fact that you have moved on.
- Give your resume a serious facelift. – Most people do not update their resume until it is time to apply for a new position. Give yours a serious facelift. Learn how resumes in your industry have changed to reflect what employers are looking for.
- Even consider a simple website about yourself. – A simple website can be your calling card on the internet. Include your bio, complete contact information and links to your work or examples that prospective employers could see.
- Get active on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. – Social media is a great way to showcase your skills to a large market. Clean-up your social media presence by making it more professional.
- Get a nice new business card. – Look for business cards that reflect who you are and the business you are an expert in.
- Pick up the phone. – Make some calls and start setting up lunches with people to get their advice. People like to help people who ask for their advice. – Most positions are not found in the classified. Networking with people will bring you the best leads to your next position.
- Take time every day to think. -This is your opportunity to rethink your path in life. What is it that you really want to do next? Take some time to reflect on your skills, passions and the opportunities that are available to you.
- Never badmouth your previous employer. – Negativity begets negativity. Stay positive even when you speak about your ex-boss.
- Exercise every day. Be fit, feel good. It’ll help your confidence. – Taking care of your body and staying physically fit will not only make you look good, but it will also improve your overall attitude.
Do one thing every day to make a change and move forward.
Contact at Crescent Wealth Partners to develop a solid financial plan before unexpected changes in your income happen. Let us help you design a financial plan that will consider your personal goals and give you peace of mind.
Life happens. Our goal is to help you be well prepared and focused on the unforeseen challenges now and in the future.
Financial Advice is offered through Mid-Atlantic Financial Management, Inc. (MAFM) a Registered Investment Adviser. Crescent Wealth Partners is not a registered entity or a subsidiary or control affiliate of MAFM. Neither MAFM nor Crescent Wealth Partners provide tax or legal advice. Posted comments may not be those of MAFM or Crescent Wealth Partners. Posted comments may not be representative of the experience of clients and do not indicate future performance or success. Crescent Wealth Partners does not solicit investment advisory endorsements via wall comments or the “like” function.